One of Michelle & Alex’s favorite Paleo midweek recipes on the barbecue. Often times we get home from work starving and ready to eat right then and there but don’t have everything ready to grill for dinner. This is a GREAT barbecue appetizer recipe as it’s quick and easy to make and you can grill it quickly as you put all the longer cooking items on the barbecue.
Sometimes we just enjoy it as a side to our meals but most of the time it is appetizer style. It is also Paleo friendly for those out there who eat exclusively Paleo.
Quick to prep, quick to grill and great hot off the grill to enjoy!!
- Asparagus spears (as many as you would like!! For the two of us, we will do 3-4 each depending on how hungry we are)
- Thin sliced Prosciutto (Equal amount of slices to Asparagus spears–NOTE that it is typically far cheaper to buy Prosciutto fresh from the deli per slice rather than the pre-packaged Prosciutto!)
- Olive oil (1/2 Tbs per 8 spears)
- Rinse Asparagus & pat dry. Then toss with olive oil to coat.
- Wrap each piece of asparagus with a thin slice of prosciutto. Leave ends as asparagus and wrap around the center of the spear. NOTE: Do NOT add salt to this recipe. Prosciutto has a higher salt content and if you salt the asparagus in addition to the prosciutto you will regret it.
- Heat grill to Medium to Medium High Heat and clean grill properly prior to grilling.
- Place Asparagus on grill over direct heat. Turn once or twice , watching carefully to prevent charring the prosciutto. Depending on the heat of the grill we will typically cook anywhere from 4-6 minutes but we prefer our asparagus ‘Al Dente’. Just keep an eye on your asparagus and cook until desired level of tenderness.